Hello there! The final arbiter on laws has spoken: the second Davide impeachment is illegal; and thank God for some congressmen who voted to abide by the Supreme Court decision. After some political maneuverings and (and most importantly) media grandstanding (what am I saying? now Im not so sure about the term!), everything is settled at last, well, I hope so anyway.
Its amusing to note, that many congressmen with a few months to spare before the next election ended up gaining much media mileage speaking about things that do not directly concern their constituents.
And a final note on the issue, I like what Winnie Monsod said when spoke about the branches of government having equal but unique powers. Congress has the power of the purse; but interpretation of the laws, its none other than the Supreme Court.
TTMIST is hosting members of the ACCUP accrediting team. Their visit is part of the institutes preparations for universityhood.
Mayor MEL SARMIENTO was present in the welcome program for the accreditors. In his speech, he stressed the city governments move to make Calbayog the center of agriculture and commerce in the North, East and (West) Samar areas. He believes that among the means by which this can be done is through tie-ups with organizations and institutions like the TTMIST.
Prior to the welcome program, Mayor Sarmiento delivered his Monday morning speech where he informed the employees of the city government the result of his working trip in Bangkok, Thailand. He was there to attend an International Labor Organization (ILO) Conference. Before some kibitzers can again spill some nasty beans, let me inform everyone that the mayors attendance did gain fruit.
Calbayog City has been made a pilot testing area for the implementation of labor-based equipment support grant in the amount of 13 million pesos. This will be of great help particularly for the concreting/ improvement of the circumferential road passing through Brgy. Pilar, Dawo, Bayo, Macatingog and Roxas.
This is it for now. Do take this second installment of the 36 ways on how to reduce stress:
13. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.
14. K.M.S. (Keep Mount Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
15. Do something for the Kid in you everyday.
16. Carry a Bible with you to read while waiting in line.
17. Get enough exercise.
18. Eat right.
19. Get organized so everything has its place.
20. Listen to a tape while driving. That can help improve your quality of life.
21. Write thoughts and inspirations down.
22. Every day, find time to be alone.
23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Dont wait until its time to go to bed to try and pray.
24. 24. Make friends with Godly people.
Have a nice week everyone! Ciao!