I - INTRODUCTION:
We cannot ignore the fact that sports is inherent in any culture throughout the world that occupies a special place in the hearts of many individuals. This activity is participated in by adults and youth in the school and in the community. It can provide variety of benefits namely; help develop friendship; sponsor positive interest; inspire community, people and spirit of sportsmanship; provide a worthwhile use of the youths and adults free time; develop closer relationship with peers, and most frequently provide for a greater willingness to accept constructive criticism.
Considering the Executive Order (E.O. No. 63) adopting the national policy on program of sports for all, by all government agencies, the City Government of Calbayog in its endeavor to relevantize its programs in sports in order to develop youth and adults become strong, healthy and disciplined, for the real measure of a countrys progress is the quality of its people, characterized by a goal behavior and attitude, with good health, peace and unity, and economic abundance, it is therefore assumed that any city, if its goal is for development, must first develop its people in terms of their qualities.
II - Vision:
CALBAYOG CITY, WITH A DEVELOPED AND INSTITUTIONALIZED SPORTS PROGRAM SUPPORTED LARGELY BY THE VARIOUS SECTORS OF THE COMMUNITY.
III - MISSION:
THE CALBAYOG CITY SPORTS COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO DEVELOP AND PROMOTE PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND MORAL DEVELOPMENT OF CALBAYOGNONS ESPECIALLY THE PLAYERS, COACHES, REFEREES AND OTHER SPORTS ENTHUSIASTS.
IV - GOALS & OBJECTIVES:
1. To improve the quality of life of Calbayognons, protect and promote their social, physical and mental well-being through physical fitness and sports competition, thus enhance community participation and people empowerment, peace and order, value-formation, nationalism and patriotism.
2. To provide equal access to and opportunity for all, thus ensure the proper selection process for the recruitment, identification, training and exposure in sports of new talented athletes from the community level, particularly in sports where Filipinos can best excel and win the gold in the Olympics and in other international sports competition.
3. To provide assistance in the implementation of sports policies and activities of the government.
4. To provide appropriate guidance in the coordination and in the conduct of linkages from the different governmental and non-governmental agencies.
5. To assist in the enhancement through effective communication and training programs.
V - STRATEGY:
Organization of Calbayog City Sports Commission:
1. Local Sports Associations/Organizations
2. Organization of Sports Association/Organization Presidents
3. Executive Board
3.1 One (1) Executive Board Council Chairman
3.2 Four (4) Executive Council Members
4. Honorary Officials
4.1 All Local Elective Officials
5. Honorary Officials
5.1 Heads of Agencies
6. Advisory Committee
6.1 Community, Sponsors, Benefactors
7. Executive Committee
7.1 Secretary General
7.2 Deputy Secretary General
7.3 Deputy for Administration
7.4 Deputy for Finance, Ways and Means
7.5 Deputy for Marketing and Public Relations
7.6 Deputy for Technical Concerns
7.7 Deputy for Talent and Youth Development
7.8 Deputy for Games and Competition